APS Architectural Design has produced specifications to accompany tender submissions and subsequent building works to ensure quality of materials and workmanship.
A Building Specification is a document produced to be read alongside other documents such as drawings, schedules of work and quantities. Which may form a tender submission. They will list materials to be used, the standard to which they are manufactured, performance requirements and the method/standard to which they are fitted and/or constructed.
For example an entry in the building specification for strip foundations may include the following information:
- Drawing reference to which the work relates
- Type of foundation
- Dimensions of the foundation
- Method of excavation
- Type of concrete
- The British Standard
- Type of reinforcement and it’s British Standard
- Temperature range/climate for laying the concrete
- Placement of the concrete
- Time given for curing and method of protection