From the inception of the project APS will make every effort to keep the client informed of all the necessary professionals required to complete the design team. APS has built a strong network of professionals that can be relied on throughout the Design, Planning and Building Regulations process and beyond.

The Local Planning Authority can request that additional documents and surveys are submitted alongside the Planning Application.

Land Surveyor: The majority of projects will require a measured survey. This would typically include a survey of the property and/or the adjacent land.  The surveyor produces existing drawings of the site/property which are passed on to APS to edit and add the proposal to.

Chartered Building Surveyor/specialist: Listed Building Consent will require that a Heritage Impact Assessment (HIA) is submitted, this consists of a summary of relevant planning history and justification for any changes to the building internally and externally.

Specialists in Flood risk, drainage and contaminated land: Depending on site location, the local authority may require confirmation that flooding will not pose a risk to any development on the site. A specialist will provide a Flood Risk Assessment (FRA) which will include whether flooding is likely, the level of potential flooding and the measures necessary. Surface water drainage will need to be carefully considered within an area of flood risk, development will contribute to the flood risk and special attenuation measures for surface water will need to be incorporated within the design as well as a sympathetic hard standing design. Depending on location and the previous use of the application site a contamination report may be required. A specialist will look at site data, local records & a site visit to assess the likely hood of contamination and further measures to be taken.

Ecologist: Depending on site location the Local Planning Authority may request that an impact assessment is carried out this will consist of a site survey by the Ecologist to investigate the impact on trees and wildlife. Further survey work may be required along with a plan for mitigation

Structural Engineer: It is prudent to include A Structural Engineer where applicable within the early stages of the design process, pre-empting any potential structural problems or special structures required for the proposal as this may significantly affect the overall design and thus shape the scheme submitted as part of the planning submission.

Specialist Planning Consultant: Occasionally specialist Policy statements are required to justify a specific use of a proposal. This can range from statements justifying an affordable home to a residence with an agricultural tie.

Energy Consultant: Energy Consultants are usually liaised with during the Building Regulations stage. For new buildings design SAP calculations are carried out by the energy consultant in order to assess whether the building will perform to Building Controls guidelines in terms of energy efficiency. Depending on the outcome adjustments to insulation and inclusion of green energy may be necessary.  An Energy Consultant can also provide and EPC on completion of the project.

Acoustician: An Acoustician may be required in both Planning and Building Regulations stages and on completion to carry out sound testing. The LPA may require a Noise Impact Assessment (NIA) to accompany the planning in order to assess the proposals effect on neighbouring properties. Acousticians can also provide advice on the conversion of existing buildings in to new residential dwellings providing solutions for sound separation.

Full plans Building Regulation submissions
Schedule of works