APS has designed many contemporary new builds and extensions.
Extending an existing property is an ideal opportunity to consider transforming the property as a whole, shifting the focal point, retaining positive existing elements whilst considering a modern and contemporary outlook. Along with client requirements APS will carefully consider site context, site constraints and environmental conditions/ location to assist in forming a clear and coherent modern design. To achieve a modern contemporary aesthetic and sustainable design, careful consideration is given to:
- Client requirements and budget
- Green energy/Renewable energy sources
- Sustainable design & building materials
- Energy efficiency
- Context, site constraints, environmental conditions and locality
- If extending an existing building- how can the position/orientation of proposed additions transform the property
- Careful consideration of types of structure and building technique
- Appropriate specification of quality materials and good detailing
- Limitations of the Contractor
- Longevity/durability of materials used
- Waste reduction
- Life cycle of materials used.
- Future maintenance of building.